- In case of any breakage or tear of a rental item that is not repairable at all, then the entire deposit amount is kept and nothing is returned to the trekker.
- If there is damage to the rental item which can be repaired, then 75% of the deposit amount is returned back to you. The Store Manager is the final responsible to take this call.
- In case the rental item is lost, the entire amount of the product has to be paid for by the trekker.
- Before the rental item is given, the condition of the equipment is noted down and ensure that you put your signature on it.
For eg – If the shoe has a thread coming out from the stitch but is completely functional, mention this to the store manager to note down before you take the equipment.
- In case you have not rented online and you are ordering rental equipment here at the store, ensure that you pay the total amount digitally. You can use Google Pay or Pay ™. We have both modes of payment.
- All our rental equipment have an RFID tag in them. Please ask the store manager to show you where the tag is located. So that you can be careful not to damage it while on the trek.
Rental will be given at home or at basecamp?
Your rental gear will be given to you at the base camp on the day you arrive.
In case you have rented a trekking backpack, there will be a cloakroom facility to keep your extra luggage and just carry what is needed for the trek.
We want you to travel as light as possible from your home. You can collect the rental gear at the basecamp, do the trek and drop the gear back at our basecamp. We will put it through our cleaning process and get it ready for the next batch.
Do I have to pay a deposit amount for the rented gear?
Yes. You will have to pay a deposit amount at the base camp. This amount is to be paid to our store manager.
The deposit amount has to be paid for each item you are renting. The price differs from product to product. Here is a list of the deposit amounts for each item.
Deposit Amount Price Jacket 1000 Shoe 1000 Backpack 1000 Trek Pole 500 Headlamp 300 Poncho 200
The deposit amount has to be paid in cash. So make sure you carry the right amount. Getting change at such remote locations gets difficult.
Are these rental shoes broken in? I don’t want to get shoe bites?
All our rental shoes are already broken in. There are very fewer chances of having a shoe bite.
In case we have bought a fresh lot of shoe, you might be the lucky one to get a new pair. However, the quality of the shoes is really good. They are designed to avoid shoe bites.
You do not worry about getting a shoe bite.
Can I change the size of the trekking gear I ordered?
To change the size of the ordered gear, you will have to cancel your order and re-book it. You will get a full refund of the amount you have paid.
Can I cancel a single item in a bulk order?
Yes, you can cancel a single item from a bulk order. For example, if you have ordered Shoes, a jacket, a pole and a poncho and you want to cancel the poncho alone, you can do it from your dashboard.