Crosstrek Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation of rental gear till 15 days before booking window closes– get full monetary refund back on your payment method after 4% transaction charges deducted.
- Cancellation of rentals from 15 days till booking window closes— get 50% monetary refund back on your payment method
- No refund after the booking window closes. No refund for cancellations at basecamp including backpacks.
- No size changes allowed at basecamp. No refund provided for such cancellations.
- No offline rentals is available.
- Gears/rental amount can not be changed/used for other gears at basecamp.
- If you come back from the middle of the trek due to ill health or disciplinary reasons or your personal reasons- no refund.
- If a trek is called off by Indiahikes due to any reason before the trek starts, get a full monetary refund back on your payment method.
- If a trek is called off by Indiahikes once the trek starts due to any reason, get monetary refund for the number of days remaining of the trek.
- If the returned gear is damaged — Appropriate fine according to the extent of damage will be charged. The extent of damage will be decided by the Store Incharge only. If the deposit amount is not sufficient, you will be required to pay the remaining cost.
- If the trekker loses any of the rental gear — Appropriate fine equivalent to the value of the gear will be charged. If the deposit amount is not sufficient, you will be required to pay the remaining cost.
When do the rentals open ?
Rentals open on 1st of every month for the following month. Example- On 1st January, we open rentals for entire duration of February.
Can I change the shoes/jacket size at the basecamp ?
- Shoe/jacket size would not be changed at the basecamp. Make sure you are booking the right size. No refund will be give in case of size mismatch
Rental will be given at home or at basecamp?
Your rental gear will be given to you at the base camp on the day you arrive.
In case you have rented a trekking backpack, there will be a cloakroom facility to keep your extra luggage and just carry what is needed for the trek.
Do I have to pay a deposit amount for the rented gear?
Yes. You will have to pay a deposit amount at the base camp. This amount is to be paid to our store manager.
The deposit amount has to be paid for each item you are renting. The price differs from product to product. Here is a list of the deposit amounts for each item.
Rental Cost Range(Rs) Deposit(Rs) Upto 500 1000 500-1000 2000 1000-2000 3000 Above 2000 4000
The deposit amount has to be paid in cash. So make sure you carry the right amount. Getting change at such remote locations gets difficult.
Are these rental shoes broken in? I don’t want to get shoe bites?
All our rental shoes are already broken in. There are very fewer chances of having a shoe bite.
In case we have bought a fresh lot of shoe, you might be the lucky one to get a new pair. However, the quality of the shoes is really good. They are designed to avoid shoe bites.
You do not worry about getting a shoe bite.
Can I change the size of the trekking gear I ordered?
To change the size of the ordered gear, you will have to cancel your order and re-book it. You will get a full refund of the amount you have paid.
Can I cancel a single item in a bulk order?
Yes, you can cancel a single item from a bulk order. For example, if you have ordered Shoes, a jacket, a pole and a poncho and you want to cancel the poncho alone, you can do it from your dashboard.